We are happy to register new NHS patients within our catchment area.
How to Register
Follow the steps below to register with the practice online, which is our preferred method too.
Step 1: Check if you live in our catchment area
We are happy to register new NHS patients living within our catchment area.
If you live outside the catchment area, then we may still be able to register you but we cannot offer home visits.
You can visit the NHS website for more information about registering with a GP Practice.
Step 2: Complete online registration formRegistration Form
Important: Ignore the final message when you submit the form that tells you that you need to attend the surgery – this is NOT required. Just complete the steps below.
Step 3: Download both the NHS App & Airmid apps (if have device)
- Use the NHS App first to create your NHS Login. You need a UK mobile phone number, email address and Photo ID (Passport, UK/European Driving License or European ID card). It can help to have your NHS number at hand.
- You can use the same NHS Login to access the Airmid app, which is linked to our practice’s healthcare IT system (called SystmOne) . The Airmid app has some functionality not currently in the NHS App (e.g. video consultations) and vice versa is true too, which is why we recommend you download both Apps.
Both these apps will enhance your digital experience as a patient at this practice.
Step 4: Await confirmation that you have been registered & request Online Access to your Records
- We aim to register you as quickly as possible and within 7 working days. If you have given us a UK mobile phone number, we will send you a text message to confirm you have been registered.
Once registered, you can request:
- If aged 40 years old or over, you can book a New Patient NHS Health Check appointment.
- Full online access to your records, which you need to request via the Airmid app. Please select “Organisations” and then click on “Boileau Road Surgery”. Next to “Full Clinical Record”, you can click on “Request access”. Visit our Online Services webpage for more guidance. We will then receive your request and start to process it. For children, there are restrictions and you need to discuss it further with us.